Here are 7 reasons Rafael Nadal is the GOAT in tennis. The Spanish mega star Rafael Nadal won his 4th US Open title in 2019, beating world number 5 Daniil Medvedev in a classic final over 5 sets. This was Nadal’s 19th Grand Slam title overall. In October 2020 Nadal equalled Federer at 20 Slams with a straight sets win against Novak Djokovic in the final of French Open. Here is 7 reasons why Nadal could be considered the greatest tennis player of all-time.
7 reasons Rafael Nadal is the GOAT
1. He has the best win/loss match record in Grand Slams amongst the Big Three at 88%
2. He has the most Masters 1000 titles (35)
3. He has the most “Big Titles” with 61 (20 GS, 35 Masters 1000, 1 Olympic Gold, 5 Davis Cup) compared to Djokovic 58 and Federer 55.
4. He has 29-1 in Davis Cup singles match record and 29 straight wins
5. He is 10-4 against Federer in Grand Slam match record and 10-6 against Djokovic
6. He has the all-time Open Era record for overall best career winning percentage (minimum 500 wins) at 83.1% (966-196 record)
7. He is the only player, male or female in history with 13 wins in a Grand Slam.
Rafael Nadal has never been taken to five sets in any of his 13 French Open finals and has a 98% winning percentage (100-2) at Roland Garros. Also, Nadal has missed to play/had to retire in 14 Grand Slams during his career due to injuries.
When he won his first US Open title defeating Novak Djokovic in the final 2010 it was also his Career Grand Slam and Career Golden Slam (All slams plus Olympic Gold medal in singles). Nadal is the youngest player ever to complete both feats.
ALSO READ – RAFAEL NADALS GRAND SLAM TITLES – all the final results & stats on all missed slams.
RACE FOR YEAR END NUMBER ONE
In 2019 Nadal started his campaign by reaching the final of Australian Open, lost in R2 in Acapulco (after MP against Kyrgios) and reached at least the SF at Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome (W), French Open (W), Wimbledon, Rogers Cup (W) and US Open. With the win at the US Open he has a lead on the Race to London with 1 960 points ahead of Djokovic. If Nadal ends the year as No.1 it will be his 5th year at the top of the rankings. Pete Sampras holds the record with 6 straight years as the year-end number one. Djokovic and Federer has 5 each.
ALSO READ – THE BIG THREE AND THEIR BIG TITLES
BET ON RAFAEL NADAL
Bet on Nadal winning matches at the last tournaments of the year and on him ending the year as No.1 at the rankings. Djokovic might be forced to undergo surgery for his left shoulder injury and Federer is too far away at the Race to London to be a contender for year-end number one.
Choose one of our reviewed betting companies below and claim great betting bonuses
Click the claim buttons to open accounts and get your bonus.