AO 19: Djokovic vs Nadal – Preview. The Australian Open final in men’s singles 2019 is played between world number Novak Djokovic and world number two Rafael Nadal. A lot of history at stake between the two big rivals and all-time greats. Check out UNIBET for the best odds & a 500% bonus.
AO 19: Djokovic vs Nadal – Preview
During the 2019 Australian Open tournament Rafael Nadal has been the most consistent and impressive player. Nadal is in the final without dropping a single set and is looking for his 18th Grand Slam title and second AO Championship after winning his first ten years ago in 2009.
World number one Djokovic has dropped 2 sets, against Denis Shapovalov (despite leading 4-1 in the third) and against Daniil Medvedev. But Djokovic can do that from time to time. Lose a bit of concentration and drop a set at the early stages of slams. In the semifinal against 24 year-old Lucas Pouille he was razor sharp from start to finish and made only 5 unforced errors during the 3 short sets.
The final will be the 53rd meeting between Djokovic – Nadal and the Serb is leading the longest rivalry in the open era 27-25. Their last meeting was the epic semifinal at Wimbledon 2018 and Djokovic got the better of Nadal with a 3-2 win and 12-10 in the decider.
Head2Head Hardcourt and Grand Slams
Seven years on from beating the Spaniard in the 2012 Australian Open final over five hours and 53 minutes. Djokovic leads 18-7 in their hard-court matches, but Nadal is 9-5 at the major championships (4-3 in finals).
History making in the final
* Djokovic is looking for his 15th Grand Slam title to break the tie for third best with American Pete Sampras
* Djokovic can move ahead of Roger Federer and Roy Emerson to become the first player with 7 Australian Open Titles.
* Nadal is looking for his 18th Grand Slam title, moving closer to Roger Federer’s record 20. Nadal has never been only 2 Slams behind Federer in this area.
* Nadal can become the first player in the open era with a double career grand slam, having won at least 2 of each Grand Slam and the third player all-time (Roy Emerson and Rod Laver)
Betting Odds Australian Open Final 2019
BEST BET: Rafael Nadal winner in 5 sets. Place your bet with UNIBET for a 500% opening bonus.
Most Grand Slam Titles All-Time
1. Roger Federer 20 ( 8 Wimbledon, 6 Australian Open, 5 US Open , 1 French Open)
2. Rafael Nadal 17 (11 French Open, 3 US Open, 2 Wimbledon, 1 Australian Open)
3. Novak Djokovic 14 (6 Australian Open, 4 Wimbledon, 3 US Open, 1 French Open)
4. Roy Emerson 12 (6 Australian Open, 2, Wimbledon, 2, French Open, 2 US Open)
5. Bjorn Borg 11 (6 French Open, 5 Wimbledon)
5. Rod Laver 11 (4 Wimbledon, 3 Australian Open, 2 French Open, 2 US Open)
BET ON THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Check out our preferred partner’s promotions and services in our reviews. Click CLAIM to open accounts and claim good bonus money to use for betting and Live betting on the Australian Open.
CLICK the Claim buttons to CLAIM your bonus and unlock specials on tennis and much more.
ALSO READ: TENNIS BETTING BLOG – for the latest tips, news and insights from the ATP Tour.