Why Rafael Nadal will be the Australian Open Champion 2020. World number one Rafael Nadal is the second favourite to win the 2020 US Open in tennis with all bookies. Here is a look on why Nadal might be the champion in the first slam of the year. Bet on Rafa as the winner with EU betting company UNIBET for a great 4.00 (4/1) odds.
Why Rafael Nadal will win Australian Open
World number one Rafael Nadal is in top form after another great year 2019. He only missed out to reach the semifinal in two tournaments all year and won his 18th (Paris) and 19th (New York) Grand Slam titles during the year. Now he is only one GS from equaling Roger Federer’s record 20. Here are the reasons why Nadal will win the 2020 Australian Open.
- Nadal’s form – He has lost ONE match since last year’s Wimbledon (Zverev RR ATP finals)
- Motivation for reaching Slam No.20 – Rafa is at 19 Grand Slam titles only 1 behind career rival Roger Federer on 20
- AO title No.2 – With a 2nd title in Melbourne he will be only the third player with at least 2 of each slam (Laver & Emerson)
- Extending his reign at No.1. With a win in Australia it’s almost a done deal Rafa will stay number one for at least 6 more months
- Grand Slam title No.8 outside clay. With a win he will have 6 GS on hard and 2 on grass. Ivan Lendl and Andre Agassi won 8 GS in total
Nadal has the form and lots of extra motivation. He was in the final of the Australian Open last year but didn’t play at all at his best in the final, he won his 12th French Open and reached the semis at Wimbledon last year. Since that SF loss in London he has lost only One Match.. and he has never arrived to Melbourne in this great shape and totally without injuries. Most of all he is only one Grand Slam title from Roger Federer’s record 20…and reaching that number ahead of the 2020 French Open has to be the best motivation he can have. With a win now a lot of people will say Nadal is the Greatest Of All Time.
Bet on Rafael Nadal winning Australian Open
DID YOU KNOW?
Rafael Nadal has missed/withdrawn/played injured in 14 Grand Slams in his career.
ALSO READ: BEST BETTING ODDS AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2020 – all the best players odds.